SD slot doesn't work after memory upgrade

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ehorn, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ehorn

ehorn

After a memory upgrade (512Mb to 1,5 gig) the sd slot on the right side doesn't mount anymore. I tried several sd cards but i don't get any responds anymore. It worked before. Everything else works just fine incl. the sd slot on the left.
    Is there a way to check in Linpus if the sd slot is working?

ehorn, Aug 2, 2008
  2. ehorn

glibdud

It seems like a lot of people are having small issues pop up after a RAM upgrade, and more often than not the culprit appears to be a loose cable somewhere. Might want to pop it back open and check all the connections.

glibdud, Aug 4, 2008
  3. ehorn

AA1Rocks

Agreed - please check the cable connections. They may seem to be connected, but pull them gently and some of them will pop out, meaning they're not firmly connected. I just upgraded my RAM and all seems well so far (crosses fingers)

AA1Rocks, Aug 5, 2008
  4. ehorn

ehorn

Okay thank you guys, I'm going to operate the notebook again. I have been very careful putting the cables in place, but maybe not careful enough. I really think that Acer made a mistake by not putting a hatch in the back of the notebook. This could never be the intention.

ehorn, Aug 5, 2008
Ask a Question