SD reader (both LH and RH) does NOT work with UBR 9.04

Discussion in 'Linux' started by generalemarkus, Jun 6, 2009.

1. generalemarkus

generalemarkus

Hi everybody!
    I just installed UBR on my AAO L110; I have some problems with the sd readers. I brought a kingston SdHC 8gb but it doesn't work, the AAO does not read anything
    The card is not read from the LH nor RH drive.
    What I can do?
    Help me, please

generalemarkus, Jun 6, 2009
  2. generalemarkus

viva

I have the same problem. First, it was only the right slot that didn't work, but after some updates (I'm running 9.04 desktop version since day one), even the left one gave up. So far, the only workaraound is to have cards in the slots when booting the system. They will work then even if you remove a card during the session.

There's a hint to add pciehp.pciehp_force=1 to defoptions in /boot/grub/menu.lst, but that didn't work for me.

Maybe we have to wait for 9.10 (october) to see this fixed? :(

viva, Jun 6, 2009
  3. generalemarkus

daldred

Are you sure you've added it in the right place? It's working fine for me!

daldred, Jun 6, 2009
  4. generalemarkus

ARH

I have the same problem with Ubuntu 9.04 UNR. I have added defoptions=pciehp.pciehp_force=1 to menu.list but still SD reader don't work after boot. but if I reboot the UNR after inserting SD card, it works and automatically mount.
    I think UNR can not automatically mount SD readers after boot. are there any way to see the list of unmounted drives and mount them?

ARH, Jun 7, 2009
  5. generalemarkus

ARH

ARH, Jun 7, 2009
  6. generalemarkus

viva

Yes, that's right. If the defoptions don't work, moving the text to the kernel line does the job. But it results in annoying error messages at boot that consume some secondes of time. Nothing really serious, though.
    But I did see that since this change, the CPU loads every two to three seconds even if there is no app executed. Could it be that the cards are constantly searched and if so, doesn't that result in battery drain?

viva, Jun 7, 2009
  7. generalemarkus

generalemarkus

thank you for helping me guys!

generalemarkus, Jun 7, 2009
Ask a Question