SD Card - How to choose to save on it?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by billbennett, Dec 3, 2008.

1. billbennett

billbennett

I've just bought myself an AAO, and I've put an SD card into the left slot. It seems to be merging as one with the internal hard drive, and that's great...

...but is there a way, when I'm saving a document, to make it save to the SD card instead of the internal hard drive? When I saved a file, then tried the SD card in another computer, the file wasnt there :(

billbennett, Dec 3, 2008
  2. billbennett

goofball

what OS?

goofball, Dec 3, 2008
  3. billbennett

melhiore

Looks like Linux - windows is not merging SD with SSD...

No. Whole idea of merging SD with SSD is to extend SSD space. As long as you have available space on SSD system will save files on it. SD will be in use after filling up SSD. In that case you will see stored files on SD instead of SSD. It's a bit more complicated but in short works like that...

melhiore, Dec 4, 2008
  4. billbennett

woogal

/home/user is the home folder on the ssd, /media/disk is the sd, and /mnt/home is the combined home that thunar sees, so as long as you make sure you save to /media/disk instead of the default home it will force the file to be on the sd.

woogal, Dec 4, 2008
Ask a Question