Screws under rubber feet - what do they secure?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by pingadam, Feb 13, 2009.

1. pingadam

pingadam

Hi,

I have recently purchased an Acer Aspire One, and am very happy with this - I think it's a fantastic netbook!

I have also upgraded it to 1.5 Gb RAM, which is working very well.

However, 2 of the 3 "clips / tabs / latches" that secure the top of the keyboard to the chassis have been pushed in a bit too far, and the keyboard is not 100% flat (and is a bit "springy") as a result - so as I understand it, I can remove the keyboard and touchpad (& surrounding "bezel") - basically the top half of the netbook - and push the tabs that secure the keyboard back out from the back of the keyboard surrond section.

My question is:

Do I still need to remove all 8 screws from the base of the machine to do this? I would assume that the 3 screws under the battery compartment need to be removed, as they definitely fix to the upper section, but what about the rest? Do they mainly connect to the bottom of the motherboard? Bearing in mind I will not be touching the motherboard or daughterboard at all. My main worry is that removing the rubber feet a second time will weaken the glue - but if I have to remove them, then that's fair enough. (I guess I can always use some new glue for the rubber feet if the existing glue loses it's "stickiness"!).

I just haven't seen any explanation of what the screws connect to, so just to remove the upper section, don't want to unscrew more than I actually need to.

Any comments or advice would be very welcome - many thanks. :)

pingadam, Feb 13, 2009
  2. pingadam

jeremysdad

Those two screws attach the back corners of the case top, by the two orange shiny things. The One will not come apart unless they are removed, AFAIK.

jeremysdad, Feb 14, 2009
  3. pingadam

pingadam

Hi Jeremysdad,

Thanks for confirming that - it's what I suspected anyway, and I just found some further links online that seemed to confirm that.

Ah well, not to worry... :roll:

Thanks again. :cool:

pingadam, Feb 14, 2009
  4. pingadam

jeremysdad

Sorry I didn't add this to my last post: I have removed mine like four times, and they are still sticking with the original glue. Just be careful not to touch them, and keep them glue-side up on your "operating table". ;)

jeremysdad, Feb 14, 2009
Ask a Question