Screen Protectors - Am I the only 1?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by imcaufieldholt, Mar 17, 2009.

1. imcaufieldholt

imcaufieldholt

Not sure where this would go.

I'm looking for some successful advice on installing a screen protector. I bought this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Proporta-Advanc ... 855&sr=8-1

I seem to be unable to attach this effectively on the Acer without getting bubbles!

I followed the instructions ie:
    - Cleaned the screen.
    - Took the backing off
    - Rolled the screen protector on from one edge, smoothing with the "anti-bubble" applicator (piece of card).

But I ended up with a myriad of bubbles around tiny specs of dust.

So without working in a complete dust-free environment I can't see how to apply the protector without getting bubbles. So any advice is welcome. Even if it is to buy a new type of screen protector.

Thanks.

imcaufieldholt, Mar 17, 2009
  2. imcaufieldholt

steven.chien

ha, be careful, you may have been using the wrong one! Those protectors sometimes got three layers: first, and the last are just to cover the real protector in the middle, I have mistakenly used the fake one to tape on the screen and the real tape.... I throw it away, than I wasted few dollars... If the one you are using is really the screen protector, no bubble should appear(unless there are dusts)!

steven.chien, Mar 21, 2009
Ask a Question