Screen problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by KipS, Jun 14, 2012.

1. KipS

KipS

I have an aspire one kav60. There seems to be a bad screen contact in the left hinge. At times the screen will flicker rapidly, as if the image is rolling at high speed. If I put pressure on the left hinge, from back to front, and from right to left, the problem will go away for a while. If I plug in an external monitor there is no problem. It's only when I use the netbook monitor. Also, if I just let it sit it will sometimes stop on its own. Is there a way to clean the hinge contact? Thanks.

KipS, Jun 14, 2012
  2. KipS

Swarvey Moderator

I had the same problem. The cable from the motherboard to the LCD panel runs through the left hinge, being a flexible point, the cable typically fails here and requires replacement. I had some success with repairing mine, but the repair only lasted a few months. I ended up biting the bullet and bought a replacement off eBay. There was some soldering involved to reconnect the new cable to the microphone, but other than that it was a pretty easy, straight forward swap.

Swarvey, Jun 15, 2012
Ask a Question