Screen problem - Anyone else

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by agrajag, Sep 24, 2008.

1. agrajag

agrajag

Hi All,

I got the Acer Aspire one last week (Windows XP) and it was working fine until I turned it on today and it boots up with only 2/3 of the screen.

To explain:
    I get a Black area on the right side of the screen (takes up about 200 pixels of screen)
    It happens right from startup, eg...not just windows...even the bios screen and boot screen.

I keep rebooting and it stays the same.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Does it sound like I need to call acer?

Thanks
    Agrajag
    Australia

agrajag, Sep 24, 2008
  2. agrajag

ralphygarfield

It definitely sounds like you should try to get a refund or exchange. But first, have you tried restoring to factory settings?

But how interesting... after I saw your message, I went on youtube to look up stuff about the Aspire One. By coincidence, I saw a video of somebody having the same problem you are. I was going to post that to you, then I realized - that person IS you.

ralphygarfield, Sep 25, 2008
  3. agrajag

agrajag

Hi Ralph,

I haven't tried the RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS, only because I assume it will only adjust or re install xp which isn't the problem.

Correct me if I am wrong and the restore actually does more than this.

Regards
    Agrajag

agrajag, Sep 25, 2008
  4. agrajag

agrajag

Hi all,

I just noticed on this forum that there is a new firmware 3304 (I had 3114) so I installed that and after the reboot my screen is ok. :mrgreen:

Will see how long it lasts

Regards
    Agrajag

agrajag, Sep 25, 2008
  5. agrajag

dgpaulk

anyone else have this happen to them I tried a fresh install of windows xp as well as updating the bios and no luck on either one. Anyone have any advice?

dgpaulk, Feb 16, 2009
  6. agrajag

carlos_arias1

this is obviosly a graphic driver problem, just think that once u install windows again it clears the problem, i mean, u are installing the drivers again just by installing windows, so for me is not a screen problem, is just a driver problem. next time u resoved this, try to check every bit of program u install, there is the posibilty of installing a program that can alter ur drivers.

carlos_arias1, Feb 19, 2009
  7. agrajag

dgpaulk

I will try installing windows again and see if that clears up the problem. Thanks for the reply.

dgpaulk, Feb 20, 2009
  8. agrajag

jsp2002

I had the same problem after installing the BIOS update. I was on the phone with acer for hours trying to correct the problem. They finally told me to just send it in for service. I didn't want to wait a month to get it back. So, I took the keyboard off and reseated the video cable and it seems to be good. (for now)

jsp2002, Feb 23, 2009
  9. agrajag

ionbiryu

hello how to restore the video card?I upgraded my RAM and ran into the same problem pleasse helpp :| :cry: :(

ionbiryu, Feb 28, 2009
  10. agrajag

testing22

Ran into the same problems after upgrading ram .. then bios got bricked , i did a revover flash to 3114 then i tried reflashing it again to 3309 but neither helped so i not sure if the ribbon is toasted took a look at it but did't see anything wrong with it so ,I'm not sure if it the card or the ribbon.. anyone else have the same problem and resolve it?

testing22, Mar 28, 2009
  11. agrajag

zer0

This problem is caused by either a bad connection or faulty connecter on the motherboard where the screen plugs into it. Had the same problem after upgrading my ram and finally got it to work after reseating the connecter.

[​IMG]

zer0, Mar 28, 2009
  12. agrajag

testing22

Well you were right... I had to reseat my cable or replug my cable quite a few times was almost about to give up on it I must of unpluged and repluged the cable 20 times the finally it worked.. got to get an small eraser the will fit into the tight connectors or a small swab for the next time this happens just to clean the connects

testing22, Mar 28, 2009
  13. agrajag

dizzyredhead

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 1 Netbook (AOA150-BB)!! Had the Netbook for about 6 weeks with everything working fine. About 2 weeks ago my screen image was replaced with what I can only describe as a pastel bar code. This is an on-going issue and is made worse when the screen lid is moved. I have tried plugging into an external monitor with very little success. Windows xp will start up but that is as far as it goes, then nothing.

I have already sent my Netbook in for repair, the main board wad replaced and bios updated. I received it from Acer earlier this week only to be presented with the same problem. It has gone back for repair yet again.

I would really appreciate any advise on this matter and also to find out if anyone else is experiencing the same issues with this particular model.

dizzyredhead, Apr 8, 2009
Ask a Question