Screen has gone blank after startup

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by rmansfield, Jan 11, 2010.

1. rmansfield

rmansfield

I have Leopard 1.5.8 on an AAO D250. I was trying to use a projector with it but could not get it to work. Now my AAO has a blank screen upon bootup. Well, it's actually kind of blue-gray, but blank. This is after the loader screen, the silver apple with the gear turning. The hard drive is working, so I think the OS is fine except for what should be displaying on the screen.

Any suggestions before I jump ship to Ubuntu Netbook Remix?

rmansfield, Jan 11, 2010
  2. rmansfield

yohko101

startup in safe mode and see if it works again. you might want to reinstall the graphic kext.

also, the gma950 has bugs when using it with another screen (mirroring/extending the desktop)

yohko101, Jan 12, 2010
  3. rmansfield

rmansfield

Well, if there are bugs in the GMA950, that's definitely going to be a problem for me as I was hoping to use this as a presentation machine with a projector. I assume that even if I updated to Snow Leopard, it's still using the GMA950 right?

rmansfield, Jan 12, 2010
  4. rmansfield

yohko101

yeah, i got it to work before, but it was still buggy and i just gave up on that idea. if you want, you can just dual boot lol

yohko101, Jan 13, 2010
Ask a Question