Screen going super nova...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Eosblue, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Eosblue

Eosblue

Strange thing happened a few minutes ago. While I was typing a letter, my fingers must have hit some weird key combination. I was attempting to write a reply on msn.com when first, my wrist movements over the touchpad started opening several tabs in IE. Then my screen went super nova. VERY bright. I was unable to get it back to normal with the bright/dim keys in the lower right side of the keyboard. I checked several websites and they were all the same.

Finally, I decided to do a "restore" to earlier this past evening and after that process ginned along, the Acer rebooted and my brightness/contrast was back to normal. I have since turned off the touchpad as I am using BT mouse anyway. Never met a touchpad I liked.

Anyone got an idea as to what I may have done on the keyboard to turn up the brightness to "white hot"?

Eosblue, Jun 22, 2009
  2. Eosblue

zicada

I'd return it for a new one if i were you. Sounds like bad connection between LCD and GPU connector. See if you can recreate the issue with movement,- if not it might be the video drivers being buggy.

zicada, Jun 22, 2009
Ask a Question