Screen goes black and freezes

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cornholio, Dec 5, 2008.

1. cornholio

cornholio

First off, I have the 8ggb ssd version running windows xp.
    I noticed when I close the lid/screen it goes black but when I open it, it just stays black like it's in sleep mode but unable to get out of it. I try pressing every button combination including ctrl+alt+del, ctrl+F4, power button, etc. but nothing has an effect on it. The only way I can get it back to normal is by holding down the power button to shut it off or pulling the battery. Could anybody help me?

cornholio, Dec 5, 2008
  2. cornholio

ostkamp

There are some threads in this forum that describe this problem, e.g. http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1393.

It seems to be related to the Acer Webcam driver. I had the same problem with my A110X (WinXP on 16 GB SSD) and deinstalled the Acer Crystal Eye Stuff listed in the Control Panel / Software, then rebooted - this seems to have solved it. I do not need the Webcam at all (others say, another default driver is used for it that works better).

Regards

Guido

ostkamp, Dec 6, 2008
  3. cornholio

cornholio

Thank you very much for the tip and link. I've switched the drivers and hopefully this problem goes away.

cornholio, Dec 6, 2008
Ask a Question