Screen blank (only white color)

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jacm3, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jacm3

jacm3

Dears, firs sorry but my english is not good...
    I have a problem with the screen, is only see in white, but if I connect a external monitor, I can see the desktop of laptop.
    I update the last bios (3309) and tried with others bios, but not can solve this problem.
    Please see the pics...
    [​IMG]

Can someone help me?

Thanks!!
    John

jacm3, Mar 9, 2009
  2. jacm3

Jack.Amarelo

Have U solved this problem?

Jack.Amarelo, Oct 7, 2009
  3. jacm3

x33

This issue is caused by a fried smd fuse on the screen board. Basically the panel doesn't get the 5V needed to function. All you get is the white screen which just the backlight, powered independently.

You'll need to open the screen panel, locate the fuse on the board and replace it. It is a very easy operation.

x33, Oct 13, 2009
  4. jacm3

unp0ssible

this just happened to my netbook, is there a video/image tutorial available for this operation?

unp0ssible, Mar 28, 2010
  5. jacm3

unp0ssible

okay i just finished disassembling my blue and white netbook and switched the blue's lcd (white screen) on to my white netbook and it still powered on completely white so that leads me to believe something is wrong with the lcd or maybe even cable but i didn't dare risk switching the cables because it had tape and hard plastic all over the connector and i didn't want to possibly ruin it anymore than it already is...

unp0ssible, Mar 30, 2010
Ask a Question