Satellite S55-A5275 will not boot up

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Jayhawk714, May 6, 2023.

1. Jayhawk714

Jayhawk714

When I turn on my Toshiba the Toshiba logo appears for a few seconds then the laptop shuts down. When I restart it several times below the logo it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" then it shuts down. If I restart it enough times a blue screen opens and says "Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart. We will restart it for you", or words to that effect. However, it never restarts. Also, sometimes after restarting a message appears saying "STOP CODE: ACPI BOIS ERROR". Again, after restarting if I keep pushing the F2 key I get the BOIS menu to come up, however, it's in a frozen state and there is no response from any of the arrow keys. Hopefully someone can help me. I am at a lose as to what the hell is going on. :mad::(:confused:o_O

Jayhawk714, May 6, 2023
  2. Jayhawk714

Carloz

Restart a laptop repeatly may cause harddisk/ssd damage.

Try following steps:
    1. Get a USB stick > 16G (USB 3.0 is better).
    2. Create a bootable USB drive from a Windows PE ISO by any ISO-write-to-USB tool.
    3. Turn on laptop, press F12 repeatly until boot menu showing, select boot from USB drive.
    4. Wait for booting from Windows PE, if you can see the PE desktop, it means you system is damaged.
    5. If laptop's hardisk is accessible in "Devices and Drivers", try to reinstall you system.
    (**** BAKUP ALL USEFUL DATA BEFORE REINSTALL SYSTEM.)
    6. If laptop's hardisk is not accessible, hardisk may need a replacement.
    7. If Windows PE is not work, maybe, It could be a mainboard damage, need professional hardware diagnostic.

ISO-write-to-USB tool:
    https://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/ISO2USB.exe
    PE ISO:
    https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Last edited: May 6, 2023
    Carloz, May 6, 2023
  3. Jayhawk714

Jayhawk714

Thank you, Carloz! I will try you directions this morning!

Jayhawk714, May 6, 2023
Ask a Question