Satellite L-75? BIOS update?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by T_i_m, Dec 19, 2022.

1. T_i_m

T_i_m

Hi all,

I have been given an old (but nice) Tosh laptop to play with and along with adding some RAM and swapping the spinning drive for a SSD (and fresh install of W10H) I generally like to update the BIOS but whenever I've tried to find the right one (and cautious to not want to brick it), I can't seem to find the right combo?

So I know it's a Toshiba Satellite and I think it's a L-750 -2? but the info sticker is very worn and so I can't really make out the info. So in some likely sites, if you type in L-750/5 it then doesn't link with the next bit that looks like PSK6ME? In case it helps tie things up, the start of the serial looks like 1C055206W.

Speccy tells me the current BIOS is V2.30 23/03/2011 (INSYDE)? and it's running an i3 -380M CPU.

I think the latest BIOS I've seen that might be the right one is V3.60 but I've not considered installing it, knowing the risks. ;-(

If there is any other info I could provide that might help pin in down (or highly something obvious I've missed) then please ask.

Cheers, Tim

T_i_m, Dec 19, 2022
Ask a Question