satellite c75d-b slowww

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Pete Sacchetti, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Pete Sacchetti

Pete Sacchetti

ive had this satellite for about a year now and am very disappointed with it,im no wiz by far to computers but theirs no way this system should be running this slow,so any input ,guidance or miracles would be greatly appreciated,windows 8.1 with max memory: 16384MB Slots:2 (2 banks of 1) 4gb one side the other side empty, storage of 3-6gb memory sata of wich im only using 7% of. yes 93% not used.. I use mainly for watching movies threw hdmi on big screen and light surfin web at same time,nothing to think wouldeffect performance,i use bittdefender total security 2015,sometime run threw wifi but majority threw Ethernet. Have performed many system refreshes,to see if that would help for the heck of it,never should even have to considerate with amount of storage being use , even tried factory reset out of box a few times which didn't do much,i just don't know ,like I said no computer wiz but even I know theirs something not right but if their isn't please correct me,would greatly appreciate some input,guidence,a miracle,thank you in advance. one more thing their are 3 smartphones using wifi and also one tower ,not hogging all the same wifi but sometimes atleast 3 being used at same time,and their is no lagging on the other laptops with lesser memory and ram of the one im having problems with...Help me please

Attached Files:

Pete Sacchetti, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Pete Sacchetti

something back

Only a few suggestions, try going to the task manager by right clicking on
    the task bar,then disabling some of the programs that automatically run
    at start up.

The amount of ram installed will only be used for intensive type programs
    like graphic hungry programs, cad etc, and not for an internet connection.

You need to be running a 64bit Operating system for over 4gb of ram to be used.

Last thought try logging on the internet with this computer first,it just
    may be the router associates it resources on a first come, basis.

something back, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Pete Sacchetti

Pete Sacchetti

First I thank you for your thoughts,i have only the bare minimum for startups,it is 64 bit,and its usually Ethernet hooked and on before kids get home from school,i been surfin around and theirs not to many people happy with Toshiba setups so I think im just gona count it as a lemmon and look for something else,but do appreciate you takin the time to respond,any recommendations for a 17.3 laptop?

Pete Sacchetti, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Pete Sacchetti

something back

Just one more thought, some antivirus programs can be resource hungry.
    It's worth trying removing the one you are using, and installing a new one
    of the free antivirus programs just as a trial,to see if that is causing problems.

You can always reinstall it later.

Also look at installing an anti malware program

Look at this web page, and type antivirus also anti-malware TO SEE WHAT'S AVAILABLE.

Http://www.freewarefiles.com

The internet is one of the least demanding tasks.

something back, Oct 28, 2015
Ask a Question