SanDisk SSD UATA 5000 1.8"

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Pombearman, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Pombearman

Pombearman

Hello. First sorry for my english, becouse I am from Slovakia.
    I have Acer Aspire One ZG5 with 8gb ssd guick one, but I wont update for new SanDisk SSD UATA 5000 1.8" 32GB. I was try instal this one but DOS write PXE E61: Media test failure...check cable. I have one small zif cable get with Sandisk. This cable corectly work with original 8gb, but didnt work with sandisk in Aspire one and with original is well after update cable (I was take off blue foil and insert to Sandisk). This two zif cable still corectly work with 8gb. I was try sandisk with sata adapter in my Sony laptop and work corectly and bios find this ssd, but acer one no.

Specifications:

SanDisk 32GB 1.8" Solid State Flash Drive
    Pulled from a new system and works flawlessly.
    Works with any device that accepts 1.8" form factor and PATA/UATA connections. (e.g. Many Ipods, Some Dell Models, etc.

* PATA (UATA and ATA 7 Compatible)
    * 1.8" Form Factor (8mm)
    * Model SDU5B-032G-102501

Somebody have any idea what to do, plesase???

I need help, please :( :( :( :(

Sombody use this ssd in Acer aspire One???

Pombearman, Apr 10, 2009
  2. Pombearman

TantalusFld

Uistite sa, že pin 1 vyplýva nadol okraji pásky od matky pinový konektor na desce 1 z SanDisk. V SanDisk je zvrátit z pôvodného SSD takže budete musiet obrátit na SanDisk hore nohami. Tu je manuál pre SanDisk. http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/pdf/ ... Rev0.4.pdf

Make sure pin 1 follows down the edge of the ribbon from the mother board connector to pin 1 of the SanDisk. The SanDisk is reversed from the original SSD so you may have to turn the SanDisk upside down. Here is the manual for the SanDisk. http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/pdf/ ... Rev0.4.pdf

TantalusFld, Apr 10, 2009
  3. Pombearman

Pombearman

I was check this pin, still the same problem. :( I was try with serial ATA adapter 2,5" install Windows in my Sony laptop. In the bios I can see SSD Exactly show size 31GB, but Windows didnt find this ssd and canel installation. I was buy this ssd new one on the ebay. I dont understand what happend. Can I do format in DOS or something like that?????

Pombearman, Apr 10, 2009
  4. Pombearman

TantalusFld

Yes, try formating using win 98 fat 32. Then run win xp install.

TantalusFld, Apr 11, 2009
  5. Pombearman

Pombearman

Hi. I am use FreeDos for format HDD to FAT32 after NTSF and I am sucesfull format SSD, but after try install 3 diferent Windows anyone didnt find SSD just write disk none. I am really bored about that. I dont now what to do???

Any help???

Thanks

Pombearman, Apr 12, 2009
  6. Pombearman

the100thmonkey

I think you need XP Service Pack 2 or later?

the100thmonkey, Apr 12, 2009
  7. Pombearman

TantalusFld

TantalusFld, Apr 12, 2009
  8. Pombearman

Pombearman

Cau.

Mne sa podarilo na SSD nainstalovat Windows Vista Home Premium z Recovery Diskov co som mal k Sony Vaio. Na Sony s 2,5" SATA adapterom ide Windows bez problemov avsak ak vlozim do Acer One tak my Dos vyhodi to iste PXE E61: Media test failure...check cable. Pouzivam kabel, ktory je v tom adaptere. Bohuzial tu moznost s copy hdd nemozem vyskusat, lebo nemam desktop. :(

Pombearman, Apr 12, 2009
  9. Pombearman

TantalusFld

Cau.

Please ask others for help and be persistant at it. I know it can be done. Don't give up , keep trying.

Boh s vami.

TantalusFld, Apr 12, 2009
  10. Pombearman

Kyoto

The whole topic is wrong. It does not have to do anything with formatting because process that is halting is way before file system - in BIOS recognition of hardware. If yours BIOS is latest than yours SSD is still incompatible with yours machine. You can contact Acer crappy support and ask them for a list of actual supported SSD models for yours computer and pray that they will include support for yours SSD in near future which is very doubtful.

Kyoto, Apr 15, 2009
Ask a Question