Sandisk 16Gb USB: Ok on win, BT3. What gives?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by spidermonkey, Nov 7, 2008.

1. spidermonkey

spidermonkey

Hi guys and gals,

I've just bought a Sandisk 16Gb usb drive, which I have formatted for Fat32, and it works fine in vista and also when I boot Backtrack...

When I plug it in to the usb running on Linpus light I get nothing, it doesn't recognise that it is even there.

I have had a bit of a search here but cannot find any threads pertaining to this issue (if there is I most humbly apologise!) ..if anyone can help me I will float some karma your way :)

Thanks,
    John.

spidermonkey, Nov 7, 2008
  2. spidermonkey

spidermonkey

So no one can help?

I realised early on that the memory stick was coupled with the annoying U3 interface, which I removed via the u3 website. It still however gives me no joy running under Linpus-Lite, but is working fine under a Backtrack3 load (and windows as mentioned earlier)

The lights on the flash drive to their obligatory blinking etc when I plug it in, but still can't find it under the termial screen or via the file manager...

So should I just wipe Linpus lite and run BT3? I would like to have the option to choose though :<

spidermonkey, Nov 13, 2008
  3. spidermonkey

DiSK

I know it'll make the size smaller, but try formatting to FAT.
    I can't say much, because my problem with my SanDisk 2GB was that it was NTFS.

You can dual boot Linpus and BackTrack if you want, why not?

DiSK, Nov 13, 2008
Ask a Question