Samsung NC10 Netbook entering the market!!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by ramdiane, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ramdiane

ramdiane

Would you be able to post any pics of your Samsung NC10 please?

I wanted to look at the keyboard in particular because it seems that the korean version keyboard has a much bigger right Shift key, whereas the English versions have a much smaller Shift key...

can you confirm please?

Many thanks!

ramdiane, Nov 7, 2008
  2. ramdiane

lardyboy

Will post some pics in the morning but I can confirm that the keyboard feels big and that it has a big shift key on the left and small one on the right under a big return key.

After playing for a few hours now I like it a lot. It is heavier than the "one" and feels like a full size notebook in use. The screen is excellent but the best bit is battery life. 6 1/2 hours off its first charge yesterday !

Although slightly bigger than the one it does feel that bit more grown up.

For the money it just seems far better spec.

lardyboy, Nov 8, 2008
  3. ramdiane

fortunz

That is sweet. I assume it won't be in the US till next year, which is pretty much the only reason I got the AAO.

fortunz, Nov 8, 2008
  4. ramdiane

ESK

Saw this in Currys in the UK last week without really realising what it was.

Despite my ignorance, I couldn't help but feel that if Apple were ever going to enter the netbook market, the product would probably look and feel like this one. The keyboard on my AA1 is very good, but this one seems excellent. Even the power switch looks straight out of a Vaio.

When I returned for a closer look this weekend all the stock (including the display model) had been sold. As such, can anyone answer these 2 questions for me:

1. Does the NC10 come with the 6 cell battery as standard in the UK?
    2. Is it fanless (like the Dell) or, if not, is it as irritating as the AA!?

This is a rapidly evolving market, but I cannot help but feel I bought 2 months too soon.

ESK, Nov 9, 2008
  5. ramdiane

lardyboy

Yes it does have a six cell battery so look forward to 6 or 7 hours use !!

There is a fan in it but to be honest it doesn't bother me at all

Hope this helps

lardyboy, Nov 9, 2008
  6. ramdiane

ramdiane

OK then will look forward to you posting some pics up if that's ok?

I knew it had hit the UK but didn't realise they had them in the displays of Currys! otherwise i would have checked that out!

ramdiane, Nov 9, 2008
  7. ramdiane

lardyboy

[attachment=2:3f0x4atq]Photo0080-640x480.jpg[/attachment:3f0x4atq][attachment=1:3f0x4atq]Photo0078-640x480.jpg[/attachment:3f0x4atq][attachment=2:3f0x4atq]Photo0080-640x480.jpg[/attachment:3f0x4atq]

Some pics as requested

lardyboy, Nov 10, 2008
  8. ramdiane

ramdiane

Thank you very much for that...

And can you also just confirm if the white version suffers from fingerprints or dirt marks or anything like that?

is it best to get the other colours?

ramdiane, Nov 10, 2008
  9. ramdiane

lardyboy

Only if you dont want the white one - if you hate blue or black though you might want the white one ! :D

lardyboy, Nov 10, 2008
  10. ramdiane

fortunz

What is that keyboard? :shock: Canada's multilingual spawn of satan?

It makes my sense of keyboard efficiency bleed.

fortunz, Nov 10, 2008
  11. ramdiane

lardyboy

Looks like a UK keyboard to me !!

lardyboy, Nov 10, 2008
  12. ramdiane

fortunz

Poor brits :cry:

fortunz, Nov 11, 2008
  13. ramdiane

lardyboy

I have no idea what your talkin about the keyboard is a UK keyboard and works perfectly - you lost me on this one

lardyboy, Nov 11, 2008
  14. ramdiane

ramdiane

think it's to do with the small Shift key on the right...

I was hoping the Shift key would be smaller on the left side and bigger on the right.

However I popped into a Currys store and tried typing (as i use the right Shift key alot) and i didn't make any mistakes...

So i will still get it, only when the black one is out!

ramdiane, Nov 11, 2008
  15. ramdiane

ronime

Just been comparing the AAO and the NC10 in PC World.

The NC10 has almost exactly the same keyboard layout as the AAO but is slightly larger and does not flex when you type on it. Touchpads are about the same size but the front mounted buttons on the NC10 are much nicer.

The AAO screen is slightly sharper and has better contrast than that on the NC10 under ideal lighting conditions. Matte coating on the NC10 screen could come in handy in adverse lighting conditions though.

Other points in the NC10's favour are the 5200mAH battery as standard, almost silent cooling fan and easy upgrade to 2GB RAM.

Unless Acer start shipping the 160GB/6-cell models in the UK and at a decent price then the NC10 looks a better buy to me.

ronime, Dec 24, 2008
  16. ramdiane

crasher

I bought my wife an N10 for Xmas.
    Originally i was going to give here an Aspire One but realised that she really likes XP and is reluctant to make the Linux switch. So i opted for the Samsung and kept the Acer for myself :)
    Apart from running XP ( :( ) it's a fantastic machine to use. The keyboard is an improvement over the Acer (despite having a small right-shift key), the larger screen is a boon for those with ageing eyesight and the battery life is astonishing - we've had almost 7-hours between charges out of it sofar. The boot time is very good as well, and it seems to cope very well with M$ Office 2007 (bloatware and all).

Anyone looking at getting an XP netbook and has yet to purchase should at least try your best to get a go on the samsung first before parting with your hard-earned. I think its worth the extra over the price of the XP Acer IMHO.

crasher, Dec 29, 2008
  17. ramdiane

cazz124

I agree, the battery is excellent, takes all day to run it out, I bought one for my HB and he loved it, too big for my handbag though

cazz124, Jan 4, 2009
Ask a Question