Safekeeping passwords

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Corzhens, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens

We cannot deny that we have a lot of passwords nowadays unlike before when the only password I have is for the office email. I have several other public emails, social media accounts and websites where I registered. It's not good to have a single password for all those accounts for when you are hacked then all the other accounts become vulnerable. I have a list of my passwords including my pin code in ATM in a small sheet of paper that I keep in my cabinet at home. In case I forget one password, it would be easy to recover. I have heard of so many cases of users forgetting their passwords and I don't want that to happen to me.

How do you manage your passwords?

Corzhens, Jul 31, 2016
  2. Corzhens

IcyBC

You are not kidding with the many passwords! I don't just have one email, but three, and then there are banking, and other sites too. I have to write it down on paper, and in a sticky note on my laptop. Some of these sites ask you to change your passwords every so often, so if I don't write it down, I won't even remember them all.

IcyBC, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Corzhens

acerme2

I have different passwords for most sites. I do online banking on my three accounts plus paypal and each has different passwords, not to mention different usernames. Like you, I keep a notebook of these sites, my usernames, and my passwords on an offline location (I have a personal vault). I rarely access this notebook, however, and use it mostly only to add important sites that I know I'll be using more in the future. I usually try to flex my memory to access different sites.

acerme2, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Corzhens

Novelangel

I keep mine in a notebook as well, but locating it when I need it is another question altogether. Most of the time if I'm having trouble with a particular website I will have to just change that password in order to get back into the site, because that password will most likely be the only one I can't find. I put the notebook in a certain place and the next time my husband uses it, it gets moved to a different place, so neither of us ever knows where it is when we want it. Ah, organization... where are you when the chips are down? LOL

Novelangel, Aug 6, 2016
Ask a Question