Rubber feet

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by wst50, Nov 4, 2008.

1. wst50

wst50

One of the rubber feet on my aa1 has fallen off in my bag, making the aa1 wonky. If I find it/can buy replacement feet (hur hur), what glue could I safely use to reattach it?

wst50, Nov 4, 2008
  2. wst50

solman

i can't speak for the type of glue you should use but regarding buying the rubber feets separately, from what i can tell there are no shops that sell them separately. you must buy the entire bottom panel. if you decide to buy, lots of ppl have had success buying from http://sourceits.com/NeedParts.html

solman, Nov 4, 2008
  3. wst50

wst50

Turns out the rubber foot pulled off when I pulled my aa1 out of my bag, as it hooked onto the power supply cable... and stuck onto the power supply. It's self-adhesive, I just put pressure on it and it's been fine all afternoon. Might dollop some copydex underneath it, I don't think it's a solvent...

wst50, Nov 5, 2008
  4. wst50

matrix321

After many tries with different glues and double sided tapes i took transparent silicone, removed the rest of the double sided tape before, now the rubber feet is in for a week...and witht really strong adhearence.

matrix321, Nov 5, 2008
  5. wst50

ronime

One of the rubber feet on my son's Dell laptop kept falling off. I tried carpet tape since this is an extremely strong double sided adhesive tape. However the foot in question is on a part of the case that gets quite warm and the heat seems to soften the glue and the foot inevitably falls off again after a short while.

In the end I used a spot of superglue and the foot has remained in place for many months now.

If the foot on your AAO is one of the rear ones that covers the case screws and you are planning to do any upgrades then you might want to try double sided adhesive tape first, otherwise using some kind of glue would probably provide a more lasting solution.

ronime, Nov 6, 2008
  6. wst50

adrianaitken

Hmm, one of the rear feet fell off mine and I was wondering, if I get a 6 cell battery, does it raise the back anyway so I wouldn't need to worry about feet ?

adrianaitken, Nov 7, 2008
  7. wst50

Roy Fokker

Yes, the 6-cell battery has two rubber feet of its own, and raises the two back ones on the computer itself.

Roy Fokker, Nov 7, 2008
Ask a Question