Rubber Feet?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Count De Monet, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Count De Monet

Count De Monet

Today I just found out one of my rubber feet at the bottom fell off. I called up acer and they said they will not cover it because it is a cosmetic imperfection, which is bs because i told them that they are used to provide airflow for the laptop, but i digress. They said that there is one way they will replace it and that is if the laptop is sent it from repair, they will take one off of the laptops they have and place it on mine. I tried ebay, big box retailers, and local stores and i can not find them anywhere. Can any of you help???

Count De Monet, Sep 3, 2008
  2. Count De Monet

Tomsk

You're unlikely to find originals as Acer will have them made especially for the AA1.

The cheapest solution is to find some stick on rubber feet (or rubber sheet) that is (approxiamately) the same thickness and cut it to size. You may have to replace the feet in pairs to ensure the AA1 is stable on a flat surface.

Tomsk, Sep 4, 2008
  3. Count De Monet

rory

may sound really poor, but go to a shop that has one, and take one of the feet while "playing" with it?

rory, Sep 7, 2008
  4. Count De Monet

scottro

I would definitely avoid doing that. However, it gives me an idea--perhaps you could go to a store selling them and offer some money for an already scratched display model. At least here in NYC, the display models begin to look rather used very quickly.

scottro, Sep 7, 2008
  5. Count De Monet

rory

I really don't see the problem, they're rubber things worth about 5p or something.

rory, Sep 7, 2008
  6. Count De Monet

Frojd

It's still called stealing -.-

Frojd, Sep 8, 2008
  7. Count De Monet

Kreso

Mine did too. Both of those under on the top side, where the battery is. I've glued them and it holds better than it did before.

But now I have a bizzare problem. They fell off about 2 weeks ago, at almost same time, I've ben using my AAO on daily basis since then, even today, and now I've turned it on, and noticed that... Uhm, I have problems explaining it on english :). Well, it's like one of the rubber feets is lower than the others. It's *really* annoying.
    I'll stick a few layers of black duct tape to copmensate for it, but if everything else fails, I will probably cut one of the rubber feet a bit...

Kreso, Sep 17, 2008
  8. Count De Monet

gary c

I received my 1GB/XP on Monday and about the only real complaint I have so far is that one of the feet is 1-2mm shorter than the others, so the thing wobbles on my desk like a cheap table. However this is the first laptop I've owned that actually spends more time on my lap, so this isn't that big a deal for me. Still I'd love to hear your solutions -- short of filing down the other 3 feet.

gary c, Sep 17, 2008
  9. Count De Monet

rick_b

Add another name to those whose rubber feet went MIA. My original AA1 came with one missing. That, plus another small fault, got it returned to the store I purchased it from. Sounds like someone needs to have a word with Acer's quality control people. ;)

rick_b, Sep 18, 2008
  10. Count De Monet

Kreso

Wobbles! That was the word!
    Yeah, mine too, but it was okay for a month... I really can't figure out what happened :evil:
    Like I said, I've put some layers of black duct tape on one of the rubber feet, and it's okay for now. It isn't that noticeable...

Kreso, Sep 18, 2008
  11. Count De Monet

h0dges

rory i did a similar thing with the rubber feet you find on hob pan supports... :roll:

h0dges, Feb 2, 2009
  12. Count De Monet

Pontificator

Last night I lost one of the rubber feet as well. Luckily I found it and was a bit surprised to see that they just use some sticky backing. It would have been better to shape both them and the receptacles like this / \ so they'll snap into the bottom of the machine and not fall out but what do I know?

Good grief...you mean to tell me that Acer won't even sell you a set of four replacement feet for a couple of dollars (or overseas equivalent)? And that they want you to MAIL IT IN to replace a missing foot? That....is rediculous.

Pontificator, Feb 15, 2009
  13. Count De Monet

TehJumpingJawa

I just noticed one of mine has gone missing too :cry:
    I wonder if it's coincidence the last person to use it was my young nephew.....
    It's the last time he's getting his hands on it :evil:

Has anyone found better solutions than crafting a new pair, or stealing one from elsewhere? :twisted:

TehJumpingJawa, Feb 22, 2009
  14. Count De Monet

Scissors

Yeah, it's such BS these rubber markers (Yeah, they tend to smudge other surfaces) keep falling off our investments.
    I even had the rubber things fall off the frame. I found all but one, but ones still missing. Acer really needs to use better adhesive.

It is BS that Acer claims it's cosmetic. I can Imagine a mother giving birth to a footless kid and she screams, "OH MY GOSH" and the doctor replies, "What, It's only cosmetic. send him to my house and I'll give him the feet from one of my spare parts kids." Wow, That was kind of dark.

Edit: Would this happen to be a trustful source?

LOL: Saw this on Google ads:
    I think I'll put that in my sig!!!

Scissors, Mar 7, 2009
  15. Count De Monet

Tamrac

This is an easy one.... get sandpaper and sand the opposite side to stop the wobble. Easy. ;)

Tamrac, Mar 7, 2009
  16. Count De Monet

konablend

I peeled a footer strip off of my desktop keyboard, and cut to fit. Seems to work okay.

konablend, Mar 15, 2009
  17. Count De Monet

w8bs

I contacted Online support about mine. I lost one of the feet. They responded back that I needed to give them a credit card that they would put a $449 hold on and then I could send it to a repair depot to get it fixed! Seemed a little steep for a $299 computer. I thought that was bull sh**.

w8bs, Jun 3, 2009
  18. Count De Monet

pin

I just saw this posting as I was about to start a new thread asking the same question.

I've lost one of the feet, and now, as a result I get a "wobble" on the Acer.

Anyone had any luck in sourcing the rubber feet? I thought someone might be selling them on Ebay, but so far no luck.

pin, Jul 9, 2009
  19. Count De Monet

superalpaca

same issue here, lost the two rubber feet near the battery, also tried contacting acer but nope, they wont fix it, finally while buying some tools at ace I found some sticker rubber feet, they were very cheap... and round... well, I first tried cutting them but it was a mess, were not actual rubber but something a lil different and harder to cut with a gillette , at the end I just put them in the battery, tried in the body but the lappy wobbled, is not by any means a pretty solution, but at least it works pretty good and safer than having a laptop sliding all over the place. :D

superalpaca, Jul 13, 2009
  20. Count De Monet

sailoryue

sailoryue, Jul 14, 2009
Ask a Question