Route Mic-in to internal speakers?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by larsras, Nov 16, 2008.

1. larsras

larsras

Hi
    I'm trying to get the audio from MIC-IN (a radio) routed to the internal speakers. Did not succeed yet despite playing a lot with the input/output volume control panel. I remember i had same problem in a Dell some years ago, and it had to besolved by a registry fix.

Anybody that have an idea how to get this working?

br lars

larsras, Nov 16, 2008
  2. larsras

rick

Same issue here, tried a variety of experimentations, no luck. I'd love to know how to solve it...

Thanks,
    Rick

rick, Dec 7, 2008
  3. larsras

oh_johny

Step 1 - turn up volume control on radio or other input device to make sure you have a loud enough signal- you will have to fine tune the volume level later to remove distortion. This is just to setup a reference level.

Step 2 - open the xp volume control panel - it should say "master volume" on top -go to options-properties - anew window will open - there will be a blue bar that says Realtek HD audio output - click on the arrow at the end of this line - select "realtek HD audio input" - make sure both options are checked ( mic volume and stereo mix) - click ok

Step 3 a new box opens with 2 sliders - select "stereo mix" by checking the box beneath the slider. Raise the slider up until you hear sound coming out of your speakers.

Step 4 in the volume control panel - switch back to playback and adjust the output (speaker) volume - this will likely involve adjusting both the "wav" and the "master" raising or lowering the volume to get best sound without distortion - also at this point you may have to adjust the volume control on your radio or whatever input device you are using.

This will only play the sound of your input thru your output - since most radios have speakers, it is kinda pointless.
    If you want to record the input sounds to hard drive or flash card - try Messer, it will record anything that is coming thru the audio channels and can do realtime mp3 conversion so you don't wind up with really big wave files. The speakers on the Acer are adequate for playback, but if you really want better sound from your radio, you might want to try one of the many portable speakers available, I travel with a very small sony speaker pair that works very well, just some thoughts. Hope this helps.

oh_johny, Dec 20, 2008
Ask a Question