ROG GL503VD Overheating when plugged in

Discussion in 'Asus' started by MrGame54, Feb 24, 2020.

1. MrGame54

MrGame54

I have got a ROG GL503VD Gaming Laptop with an Intel Core i5 7300HQ and a Geforce GTX 1050. When I play Games during Battery Mode my Laptop does get hot but does not tend to overheat and I can play games on a stable Framerate. And when I use it just for Browsing the fans are quiet how they should be. But when I plug my Laptop into the AC while playing, Games the CPU first activates Turbo Boost (Even if I'm not playing games) and reaches temperatures of 95 C and my GPU reaches temperatures of 90-95 Degrees and after a few minutes it turns off. (Because it overheats) And if I use my laptop while plugged in, to browse the web my fans start getting loud for no reason... I also tried undervolting the GPU and CPU for better performance but that does not help. I am also thinking to repaste the Laptop with fresh thermal paste, but if my Laptop can run well on battery it can also run well in AC Power mode, and if someone can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2020
    MrGame54, Feb 24, 2020
Ask a Question