right sd slot not working

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by simbeb, Mar 9, 2009.

1. simbeb

simbeb

I hadn't used the right hand side sd slot for a few weeks, but when I inserted my sdhc in it today, nothing happens. It does not recognise there is a card in it. The sd card is fine on my main PC. Anyone knows what is going on?

simbeb, Mar 9, 2009
  2. simbeb

simbeb

Can't believe this hasn't happened to anybody else. The sd card reader is not seen by XP and inserting a card does not provoke any reaction. Suggestion anyone?

Looks like I'll have to restore Linpus and send the AA1 back to Comet. Problem is, I voided the warranty by upgraded the RAM...

simbeb, Mar 12, 2009
  3. simbeb

jackc111

This happened to me in Ubuntu 8.04 and Fedora 10 because the hibernate process corrupted my SD card. Loading good ole XP fixed the issue. Since it seems you're using XP already, I guess I can't really be of any help.

jackc111, Mar 17, 2009
  4. simbeb

azz2811

have you tried to re-install the card drivers?

azz2811, Mar 17, 2009
  5. simbeb

simbeb

Yes of course. In the end i've sent it to Acer. They say they've repaired it and it's on its way back to me. I've been without it for almost 10 days now, can't wait to have it back!..

simbeb, Apr 6, 2009
Ask a Question