Right card reader fail

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Talos, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Talos

Talos

Ive got xp working great, fat32 file system, 1.5 gig ram, virtually no problems. but even with all drivers installed correctly, my right side card reader does not want to work. is anyone else having this problem? because i scowered the forums looking and no luck as of yet. im no computer genius but im pretty good with this kind of thing usually and im stumped at this point, please help >.<

Talos, Aug 20, 2008
  2. Talos

Sid

What else changed on the software config?

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  3. Talos

Talos

as far as i'm concerned, nothing has changed from a regular xp installation, so i really dont know what the problem is, mind you, i am using the linux aoa110 model if that makes a difference

Talos, Aug 23, 2008
  4. Talos

lornajane

I'm having a problem with the multicard reader on a linux acer aspire one too. It can read SD cards, but not the XD from my camera.

lornajane, Aug 25, 2008
  5. Talos

speekergeek

Mine reads SD fine but not xd as well and I am still using Linpus

speekergeek, Aug 26, 2008
  6. Talos

Talos

well none of that really helps the problem, I need a solution. sorry to be rude, but im getting a little impatient with response

Talos, Aug 26, 2008
  7. Talos

Ion54

Ion54, Aug 26, 2008
  8. Talos

speekergeek

self-centered are we?

I apologize, after all, we are all here to serve YOU, and fix your problems for you :twisted:

speekergeek, Sep 1, 2008
  9. Talos

jackluo923

Are you sure you have all the driver installed correctly like you said?

jackluo923, Sep 1, 2008
  10. Talos

Talos

first off, im not self centered, im frustrated, and secondly, im not impatient either, ive had this problem since installing xp, the second day of the canada release

Talos, Sep 2, 2008
  11. Talos

moondevil

Check Device Manager. The Card reader drivers need to be installed for each type of card. If you have any unknown devices, they will be listed as Base System Device if the driver is not installed. Update the drivers manually, pointing them to wherever you unzipped the JMicron drivers. This should resolve your problem. If you are unclear as to how the to do any of the above, post back and I'll try to do some step-by-step instructions before I go on holiday tomorrow.

As an aside (and I'm new here, but an experienced forumeer elsewhere, with over 18 years industry experience), this is an unofficial support forum. No-one is obliged to provide you with any sort of help, frustrated or no. Whether you are "sorry" for being rude or not, being rude will not get you any help any quicker, and may indeed stop people wanting to help you at all.

If you are at all unhappy with the responses you get, rather than using a forum, I would suggest you contact Acer directly and use their support.

Hope this all helps.

moondevil, Sep 2, 2008
  12. Talos

Talos

to moondevil: i realize that this is an unofficial forum, but i was just looking for help, not comments on my situation, which is why i thank you for suggesting a solution. the problem however is that the driver is installed for the card reader (i had done what you had suggested origanally) and there are no unknown devices in my device manager. so as far as the computer is concerned, the drivers are installed, the reader is working, but with or without anything in it, it will register as not having anything in the reader

edit: contacting acer isnt an option because i voided my warranty by upgraing the ram and installing windows, and in my experience, contacting a manufacturer after voiding your warranty they just say, well you shouldnt have voided your warranty

Talos, Sep 2, 2008
  13. Talos

moondevil

Hmm, well it would seem it is broken then. You may need to take it to bits again and check that you did not dislodge any cables. I didn't see if you mentioned whether you have the hard drive or ssd version. Having just upgraded the memory in mine (I have the hard drive one), I had to remove the right side daughter board to get the mainboard out, due to the way the hard disk is mounted. The ribbon cable connecting it is delicate and could have been dislodged. Are the USB ports on that side of the computer working?

I assume that you have tried both SD and other format cards. Other than the steps above, I don't know what to suggest. Maybe someone else can help.

moondevil, Sep 2, 2008
  14. Talos

Anarethos

If there is no evidence that you have opened your AA1, just put back original memory and send it for repair, no?

Also, like other have said, recheck the cable from the right board to be sure it is correctly plugged. Also check if you have not put any screw through a cable and shorted the ground, making connection problem.

Anarethos, Sep 4, 2008
  15. Talos

pauloaia

Acer Aspire One A150 - hd120gb - Windows XP Home

Problem with.

I have a problem with card reader right. He does not read SD card.
    Despite read Memory stick.

It is hardware or software problem?

I need help.

Thanks.

pauloaia, Dec 15, 2008
Ask a Question