Restoring Windows operating system to Acer mini.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by JPS, May 17, 2010.

1. JPS

JPS

Hi I would like to request a how to guide on how to recover the operating system as delivered with the Acer One Mini. Therre is no cd drive to insert CD or DVD. Also I cannot find the ACER ONE recovery files. I deally I would ;like to download from internet and install doirectly to the comp.

Thanks,

My system has been down for 2 months it is impossible to find information about this.

JPS, May 17, 2010
  2. JPS

freelancenovelist

JPS,

I have the same problem -- no external drive to create setup (recovery) disks from my Aspire One. This post has not been answered by anyone, but it's been a few months since you posted it, and I was wondering if you ever got an answer to this from any other source.

Thanks,
    Freelancenovelist

freelancenovelist, Jun 5, 2010
  3. JPS

Swarvey Moderator

I've been meaning to get into doing this as a how-to guide. It's actually pretty straight-forward, so it's near the bottom of the to-do pile atm.

When your AAO is booting, look at the bottom of the splash screen. It states which F-key to press to enter system recovery.

The reason you cannot find the recovery files is because the recovery image is held in a hidden partition.

P.S there is also a forum dedicated to System recovery for Windows users here

Swarvey, Jun 11, 2010
Ask a Question