Restore Fails with Windows Home Server ( WHS )

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dpkform, Sep 24, 2008.

1. dpkform

dpkform

I have a Windows Home Server PP1, and an XP AAO 150 series.

Windows Home Server connector software runs just fine and backs up my AAO nicely.

Problem is - a complete system restore does not work - seems to be a network/driver issue.

I have transferred a copy of WHS restore CD to a bootable flash drive, and I can boot into the WHS restore program just fine off the flash drive.

The problem is, just before the WHS restore program searches for my WHS, the network LED goes out on the wired LAN and the LAN stops working. (WHS will only do a complete system restore from WIRED LANS, though other operations work with WLANs.)

I have tried the latest drivers from Acer, the latest Windows update drivers, latest drivers from Realtek's website - and I have tried Vista versions of the drivers as well. The restore program does correctly show my LAN chipset - but fails to work with it. I do make a copy of the "WHS drivers for restore" folder, after backing up a machine with new drivers installed - then transfer that backup image to an SD card, to force the WHS restore program to use those new drivers - by telling the WHS program to load the new drivers. Still no luck.

I have tried using BIOS 3114 and BIOS 3304. No luck.

Has anyone got their AAO to run a copy of WHS restore CD from a flash drive, and do a complete system restore?

dpkform, Sep 24, 2008
  2. dpkform

Ping

Hello

Managed to restore to an AAO 150 using the realtek lan drivers from a backup of a vista AAO. XP drivers dont work.

Ping, Dec 24, 2008
Ask a Question