Restore a aspire 5920G

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by enidan82, Aug 25, 2013.

1. enidan82

enidan82

Hello
    I have the above laptop, I also have discs to restore to factory settings unfortunately the CD/DVD player is not able to open the discs.
    The player seems ok as the disc is spinning when I open the draw.
    The only clue I can give is I recently accidently deleted Itunes from the laptop.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You
    Enidan82

enidan82, Aug 25, 2013
  2. enidan82

something back

Hi welcome to the forum. You should not need any software on your computer for the factory restore dvd discs to work, so it not important you deleting itunes. Turn on your computer then press F2 you will then be in the motherboard settings section, scroll to the the section called MAIN then enable the F12 boot option, press the ESC key and OK the save and exit process. Turn on your computer again this time press F12 then choose the DVD DRIVE your recovery software should now load just follow the on screen instructions. If this does not work then try a fresh restart this time pressing the F10 key vigorously, if your hidden factory reset software is still on a hidden section of your hard drive, then you will be able to factory reset from it instead.

something back, Aug 25, 2013
  3. enidan82

enidan82

Restore an aspire 5920G

Hello Something back,
    Thank you for your reply much appreciated,

enidan82, Aug 26, 2013
  4. enidan82

enidan82

Restore an Aspire 5920G

Hello Something Back,
    Thank you for your reply much appreciated
    I have followed your first set of instructions carefully and have ended up with the following...
    PX61 Media test failure Check cable...
    PXMOF Exiting broad com PXE Rom
    Operating system not found.
    On the second instruction I ended up clicking on Enter Submit, this returned me to the opening screen.
    Now if it is the drive that is faulty is this an expensive repair or could a reasonably handy man do it himself
    Finally, I have an Acer tower X1421. Now could I put the two factory restore discs in that computer and copy the contents to a memory stick, would that work?
    The DVD drive in the laptop has had little or no use and as the motor seems ok could it be some loose connection somewhere?
    Many thanks for your help
    Jack Stoddart

enidan82, Aug 26, 2013
Ask a Question