resolve dependencies

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mnewcomb, Mar 20, 2009.

1. mnewcomb

mnewcomb

I have only had my AA1 for a few days. It is a Linux version and I'm a Linux virgin. I need someone to walk me through the process of loading software without getting the "Error resolving dependencies" code on EVERYTHING! Help!!!!

mnewcomb, Mar 20, 2009
  2. mnewcomb

barrie

Hi,

What software are you looking to load?
    Linpus is fedora based so as a hint when looking for software apps, download the relevant software for fedora 7/8.

barrie, Mar 20, 2009
  3. mnewcomb

steven.chien

That's because you have not connected to the internet. Linux software are based on many 'packages', normally, all packages are included in Linux, however, Linpus is a simplified piece of linux, and not expect you to install any software, so many libraries are not included, so you need to be connected to the internet in order to download the need libraries.

steven.chien, Mar 22, 2009
  4. mnewcomb

solpuerto

Hi mnewcom

You may need to update the repositories, look at this link and scrol down for the update instruction to be entered into Terminal (Alt and F2)

http://macles.blogspot.com/search?updat ... results=12

Simplest way is to have the link open select "Copy" open terminal and "Paste" code.

solpuerto, Mar 22, 2009
Ask a Question