Request - Fix for SD card is stuck in left reader

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Momiji, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Momiji

Momiji

I'm looking for a recommended user fix / repair for the left side SD slot. The SD card provided with the netbook has been stuck, as in "can not be removed", from the moment I opened the box a few weeks ago. The card partially ejects and hits a hard stop. The partial eject also feels sticky, like a label on the sd card has peeled back. There should be an easy method for the user to remove the card. :geek:

Momiji, Feb 28, 2009
  2. Momiji

Momiji

Never mind. I built a little tool from an aluminum can that could slide in above and below the SD card and gave it a good yank. There seems to be a bit of a mis-alignment between the motherboard and the case plastics. The SD card was hanging on a plastic edge I think. Now I can experiment with larger capacity SD cards. The right side USB slots are also a little mis-aligned and it takes a good shove to get a USB connector to engage. All-in-all this is a very nice little computer for the price I paid at the CIrcuit City closeout sale.

Momiji, Mar 2, 2009
  3. Momiji

azz2811

yeah i had the same problem with the usb's i found that they got better after a while but i have never had a problem with the sd cards

azz2811, Mar 2, 2009
Ask a Question