Repositories

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by eladekralc, Aug 18, 2008.

1. eladekralc

eladekralc

I have lost all my repositories this weekend can anyone help me get them back. Add/Remove shows nothing at all...

Tried adding livna etc - but nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

eladekralc, Aug 18, 2008
  2. eladekralc

hmraao

When I lose something, I find it helps to recall the last time I remember having it. Then if I retrace my steps since then, I often come across whatever it was that I lost. Simple. And you can use the same technique with house keys and the tv remote.

Ephraim Tutt...

hmraao, Aug 29, 2008
  3. eladekralc

IMSancho

Check that your repositories are actually enabled, they are probably all still there. Open up Add/Remove programs and press Ctrl+R and check the repos you want to use are there and ticked.

IMSancho, Aug 29, 2008
  4. eladekralc

philubuntu

General question regarding repositories.........
    I have done some minor tweaking to my system (advanced mode, desktop switch, installed GIMP etc...) and have a minor problem with my Webcam. It works but shows nothing on the screen.
    My question is...Rather than fiddling with code is there any way I can uninstall an Acer Linpus application and then re-install it? These applications are listed as being installed but I don't see them listed in the available section of Add / Remove. If I unistall using sudo yum remove (?) where do I go to re-install them?

Hope someone understands what I mean!!

philubuntu, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question