Reports of Seagate is facing a class action lawsuit over its 3TB hard drives

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by something back, Feb 2, 2016.

1. something back

something back

something back, Feb 2, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. something back

IBMPC8088

It was only a matter of time. Seagate knew that they released drives which would not perform well or would crash and loose customer data quickly, but hoped that it wouldn't happen all at once or be as noticed because they seemed to feel at the time that the production line and that product release would make them more money than the losses incurred by others who would buy the 3TB Barricuda Seagate drives. They were apparently mistaken. I saw the writing on the wall with Seagate a long time ago and decided not to get one of these drives or anything from them. If I get a magnetic drive, I just do WD or one of the SSD manufacturers. Seagate should have never let these stay on the shelves without recalling or replacing them before it got to this point, and as far as I'm concerned, the lawsuit is legitimate and valid considering they knew what was going to happen to people but they let it happen to them anyway.

IBMPC8088, Feb 3, 2016
  3. something back

Sefie

Oh no, I bought one some months ago, because I wanted to have a back up of all my data. Wish I had known it was better to stay way from Seagate products... they sound like a fishy company.

Sefie, Feb 4, 2016
  4. something back

IcyBC

I have always use Seagate external hard drive to store my data and they were usually 1TB or 500MG, so hopefully it won't affect mine!

IcyBC, Feb 4, 2016
Ask a Question