replacing a cracked screen.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Lefty, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Lefty

Lefty

Short story is: I dropped an object on the closed lid of my AOA150, opened it up with spider cracking across the whole screen. Dead pixels are slowly spreading across.

I know I'm going to have to do it myself, because I doubt I'll have the cash anytime soon to have someone do it. So I'm was hoping for a decent little guide to help me through the dis assembly and install.

Thanks guys,

I found this, a little guide in an ebay auction for the screen. Can be kind of vague though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-8-9-LCD-Screen- ... 1|294%3A50

Lefty, Apr 12, 2009
  2. Lefty

eno

I have done this for an AAO, te guide on the auction site is plenty.

eno, Apr 16, 2009
  3. Lefty

Darryl

Darryl, Apr 16, 2009
  4. Lefty

gameguy15

If i where you i would be happy, I broke my screen a week after i got my netbook for $250(fell on it after slipping on ice, I had to order the screen from acer and it cost me $140!!!! (ebay didnt have anything at the time) and it came with no guide to so i spent like 3 hours figuring it out. but i did fix it lol, just make sure you keep track of the screws and where they go, they look the same size but the arnt.

gameguy15, Apr 19, 2009
Ask a Question