Replacing 802.11 Wifi Card

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by kc2aqg, Feb 10, 2009.

1. kc2aqg

kc2aqg

Hi All-

New to the forum and am slated to receive my brand new AOA150-1049 this evening (I'm very excited!). I fully intend to install Mac OSX on the machine, but have done some reading about the Wifi issues and decided it was easiest to replace the stock Wifi card with the Dell 1390 which has been shown to work with OSX. Ordered a cheap one off of Ebay and it should be here in a few days, but having no prior experience with the AAO, can someone brief me on the procedure to replace the Wifi card? Where is the access panel and what else needs to be removed in order to get to the card? I am an IT guy so don't be afraid to get technical :D Thanks for any help!

Andy

kc2aqg, Feb 10, 2009
  2. kc2aqg

melhiore

There is no access panel - you have to open AA1... How to do that you can find by searching for RAM upgrade procedure which starts from opening AA1 and taking off wi-fi card... It's really simple - believe me...

melhiore, Feb 10, 2009
  3. kc2aqg

Baza

Probably THE BEST mod to do. Since I replaced it with an intel card I've had no problems at all running Ubuntu 8.10

Baza, Feb 15, 2009
Ask a Question