Replacement graphics card

Discussion in 'Sager / Clevo' started by Kea21, May 21, 2016.

1. Kea21

Kea21

Hi People, My gtx 485m card has QUIT!
    I have been advised that all the nvidia 500 series will work plus the 670,675,680m, but have to know the Vbios installed from where obtained? Plus require a customized Nvidia driver to install correctly?
    Flashing was also mentioned? Whatever that is? But some have advised against that???
    Sorry I am a total idiot on this_All I want is my/a laptop back!
    Do you think it best to play safe and get a 560,580 or move to the 600 series? What would install the simplest?

Any help from you wizards would be much appreciated.

Kea21, May 21, 2016
  2. Kea21

sharatharadhya

I don't recommend that you replace your graphics card by yourself. Unlike Desktops, Laptops use the same Graphics Card in different formats. You better get it repaired at a service centre to avoid mishaps and spending extra money. Flashing Drivers of one graphics Card over the other is not recommended and would most probably void your warranty. Why don't you just get GTX 485M card for your Laptop. Good Luck.

sharatharadhya, May 22, 2016
  3. Kea21

Kea21

Hi thanks for replying, I would just stick another 485m in, but I cannot seem to find one? All I want at this stage is to my laptop back!
    I was going to get the local tech guy to install as he has more knowledge than I and has already had my old one out!
    Maybe the 580 would be closer or will that have the same issues?

Kea21, May 22, 2016
Ask a Question