Replacement DC Power Jack: ZG5=A110?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by br1an, Sep 22, 2011.

1. br1an

br1an

We have a ZG5 model (Linux, Blue, 512MB RAM, 8GB SSD) with a broken pin inside the power jack. The machine is otherwise fine. The Wikipedia entry for the Aspire one suggests that the A110L is similar or identical, perhaps with the exception of the battery capacity. Is it safe to assume a replacement DC jack for the A110L would be suitable for the ZG5?

Thank you very much.

br1an, Sep 22, 2011
  2. br1an

donec

To be safe you need to insure that both power block and computer have the same polarity and the same voltage. The rated amperage of the power block must be at least the same as the computer's rating or the power block will over heat. However the power block can be a little higher as the computer will only draw what it needs. Example: computer has 19VDC 3.42A with the center pin being positive and the outer edge being negative then the power block must be 19VDC and at least 3.42A (3.5 would also work) with the center pin being positive and the outer edge being negative. Hope this helps.

donec, Sep 23, 2011
  3. br1an

br1an

Well I must thank you for a detailed and what appears to be a very knowledgeable response. Very relevant I'm sure, it is not so easy for me to follow or digest. I was simply wondering if anyone can tell me if these two models are the same and/or more importantly whether they use the same part.

br1an, Sep 24, 2011
  4. br1an

DutchDK

ZG5 is the type, and A110L is the model number.
    A110L means it has no harddisk, but a 8 or 16 GB LIF/ZIF connected ATAPI SSD, and comes with Linux installed.
    The A150 is the same machine, although with a the same motherboard type without the ZIF/LIF connector, but a SATA harddisk interface mounted, and comes with a 160 GB harddisk and Windows XP. The type model is still ZG5.

So a DC jack such as the one you are looking for, which is for the ZG5 or A110L is the same.

DutchDK

DutchDK, Sep 25, 2011
  5. br1an

br1an

Thanks very much, that's exactly what I needed to know.

br1an, Sep 25, 2011
Ask a Question