Replacement Battery

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Ferns, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Ferns

Ferns

I'm hoping to buy the Acer AOA110-AB this weekend. My research has shown me that the out of the box battery is a three cell job giving between 2 and three hours. I've also read about 6 and 9 cell batteries though. Are these easy to obtain, and bviously, are they straight swapable with the supplied battery?

Ferns, Jan 31, 2009
  2. Ferns

jeremysdad

The answer to both questions is yes. My six cell just arrived today; I am currently breaking it in. It was an Acer factory part that I got from Buy.com (via Beach Audio). Ordered it Wednesday, they shipped it at 9 pm yesterday, and it was here by 2 pm today. It was approx $100 USD, but like I said, it is a genuine Acer part, and it is honestly 5200 mah, whereas most after market 6 cells are only 4400 mah. I'll take the extra run-time, and resale value over thirty-ish dollars.

My battery life on the first charge has gone from 1:40 to 5:01. Good enough for me, but I have some power use tweaking to do.

There are like a thousand batteries for the One floating around in cyberspace, just search on Amazon, Buy.com, and a thousand other e-stores.

jeremysdad, Jan 31, 2009
  3. Ferns

myuusmeow

Do what he did (or better yet get the one with the 6 cell-- twice the battery and 40GB more HD!) and install Windows 7 on your netbook. I've been using it almost exclusively as a love the interface, the speed, the battery life, it adds at least an hour to my 6 cell, bumping my to almost 7 hours, about 6:45!

myuusmeow, Jan 31, 2009
  4. Ferns

Ferns

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm actually in the UK but if they're harder to get here, I have family in the US who would get me on and send it over. Regarding the OS, I do admit I would like to try Windows 7, although my OS of choice on my other systems is Linux Mint. I'm getting the strong impression that Microsoft have gone a long way to redeeming themselves over Vista.

Ferns, Jan 31, 2009
Ask a Question