replaced with DELL 1390 but dont know about white/black cabl

Discussion in 'Networking' started by beerglass007, Jan 20, 2009.

1. beerglass007

beerglass007

Hi all

I've removed the Atheros wifi module and replaced with a Dell 1390 module.

But there is 2 cables ( black and white ) which i pulled off. Now which way should I re connect in the Dell 1390 module because there is different markings.
    There is markings for white and black but this would be different way round from the Atheros module.
    Does this matter ?

Thanks

beerglass007, Jan 20, 2009
  2. beerglass007

itasor

I know this topic is old, but I have the same question. Should the antenna wires be put on the DW1390 in the same order as the Atheros card, should they be matched up with the color coded triangles on the DW1390, or doesn't it matter?

itasor, Apr 4, 2009
  3. beerglass007

melhiore

There is no difference - it's just aerial... It is safe to swap them. Any way - length of the black and white cable should indicate how you connect them...

melhiore, Apr 4, 2009
  4. beerglass007

itasor

Thanks for the reply. The length of the cables does indicate which way they go, but that is opposite the way they are labeled on the Dell DW1390, so I just wanted to make sure. In other words, the black/white order on the Atheros (matching the cable lengths) is opposite the white/black order on the DW1390.

I put a 1390 in my AAO in order to get wireless in OS X. It was recognized fine in both Windows Vista and OS X, but wouldn't pick up any networks (scans and returns nothing). I switched the antenna connectors around, thinking that might make a difference, but it didn't. Put the Atheros back in and it scans and finds networks fine. I'm exchanging the 1390 for another one -- hoping it was just defective. Does that sound possible?

itasor, Apr 4, 2009
  5. beerglass007

melhiore

Yes...

melhiore, Apr 4, 2009
Ask a Question