Replaced SSD, Bios wont detect SSD or new HDD

Discussion in 'Storage' started by trumanzi, May 4, 2009.

1. trumanzi

trumanzi

I have replaced the SSD in my aao with a toshiba HDD. However now when i boot i experience one of two issues.

Orange light flashes, or
    System boots straight into bios, Bios does not detect HDD.

Any ideas? have i broken it beyond repair? the laptop is only about 2 months old :( i have tried multiple ZIF cables and the original SSD and my new HDD.

Thanks,

trumanzi, May 4, 2009
  2. trumanzi

chiwing

me2, i brought a Photofast 32G 366X CF with CF to ZIF adapter but Bios wont detect it!
    Bios updated v3309.
    please help!

chiwing, May 27, 2009
  3. trumanzi

TantalusFld

Trumanzi,

Look very closely at the ribbon cable. You may have one of the trace conductors bent over and touching the trace next to it causing a short circuit. If you find this you might be able to push it back, but I ended cutting a small amount off the end of the cable and it was still long enough to reach inside the hdd connector. Worked fine after that.

TantalusFld, May 27, 2009
  4. trumanzi

trumanzi

Funnily enough i actually fixed it last night using a very similar method to you, however i ended up cutting the end off AND taping a new cable behind the old one so it was thicker and fit in the SSD

But thank you for the reply

trumanzi, May 27, 2009
Ask a Question