replace my 8gbssd with a toshiba 1.8" can i use a ssd cable

Discussion in 'Storage' started by detrius, Jul 2, 2009.

1. detrius

detrius

Hi All First post here

I want to replace the 8gb ssd as it is to slow to run windows xp.I have a toshiba mk4006gah 1.8" hard drive but the adaptor is not a zif.It looks the same as a compact flash,so therefore can i buy ab adaptor from zif to compactflash and will this work ok to boot xp on,would there be any issues....???? If not what cable would i need please.

Hope you can help its driving me NUTS

Thankyou

Andy M

detrius, Jul 2, 2009
  2. detrius

melhiore

Probably you can but fitting all this inside of AA1 may be challenging... Try ebay...

melhiore, Jul 2, 2009
  3. detrius

detrius

Hi
    Thankyou form your quick reply.i have looked for some adaptors and so far found this.Dont fancy buying another drive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CF-to-1-8-ZIF-Har ... tsupported

hoping this may fit.cannot find anything smaller.May order and hopefully it will

thankyou

Andy m

detrius, Jul 2, 2009
  4. detrius

melhiore

I have no experience with this type of adapters as I always have used 1.8" ZIF HDD. This one may fit if you cut all unnecessary PCB parts. There is mod available where someone used CF to ZIF adapter and put this to AA1...

Look at this - may help:

http://aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopi ... =cf+to+zif

melhiore, Jul 2, 2009
  5. detrius

DutchDK

A) drop the color change on the text - or be branded with a big L on your forehead ;)
    B) You can get a ZIF-IDE connector to the standard ide plug on the toshiba MK4006GAH, BUT you won't be able to fit it inside your AAO. Get the LIF/ZIF version of the toshiba instead, then you can use the ZIF cable from your SSD.

DutchDK, Jul 2, 2009
Ask a Question