Removing and reattaching a key

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by poffof, Aug 6, 2008.

1. poffof

poffof

One of the keys in my Aspire One keyboard seems to be only partially attached in place, so I'd like to completely remove it and reattach it to the keyboard. However, I have no idea how to remove the key and I'm afraid I'll break it if I try to remove it without knowing what I'm doing. I've found several instructional videos for removing/reattaching laptop keys in general, but I'm not sure which method is the right one for Aspire One. Has anyone figured out yet how to properly remove and reattach the keys?

poffof, Aug 6, 2008
  2. poffof

glibdud

How bad is it? Sometimes, if they're still aligned ok, all they need is a good firm push to snap them back into place. (I'm speaking of laptops in general... not sure exactly how the mechanics of the A1 keyboard work.)

glibdud, Aug 6, 2008
  3. poffof

poffof

Just by looking at the key from different angles it looks like all the other corners of the key are attached, except the bottom left one which is slightly rising up from the keyboard - although I doubt the key is supposed to be attached to the keyboard from the corners. In any case it affects typing (requires pressing the key harder / more carefully than other keys). I've tried to push it hoping that it would somehow click in place, but so far that hasn't helped.

poffof, Aug 6, 2008
Ask a Question