Removed partition. GRUB 22 Error.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Guest, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I wanted to get my AAO150 back to XP original state. I booted from Live CD on USB, removed the Ubuntu partitions, expanded the Windows partition, kept the boot partition. So the machine now has two partitions the recovery boot and a blank windows. When I go to reboot, I get GRUB loading, please wait Error 22. I can still boot from USB, but that's it.
    I never wiped out the recovery partition, so I think it is all still there, but need some help on getting to it, please.

Guest, Feb 13, 2009
  2. Guest

melhiore

GRUB booting sequence is stored in MBR... You have to run XP installer, go to console and use fixmbr command. There is couple of threads in this forum regarding MBR recovery...

melhiore, Feb 13, 2009
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

I do not have access to XP now. When I boot I only get the GRUB Error, no choice of which system to start. Advice?

Guest, Feb 13, 2009
  4. Guest

melhiore

I said boot XP installer - means boot XP Installer CD from external CD/DVD or USB... How to prepare bootable USB with XP installer is also described in the forum...

melhiore, Feb 13, 2009
Ask a Question