reinstalling Acer eRecovery

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Chap., Sep 3, 2008.

1. Chap.

Chap.

I want to install an nlite version of XP on my Acer. If I do this, is there a way to reinstall Acer's eRecovery program?

for whatever reason that hotkey feature does not work at power on to boot into the recovery partition on my One, so the Acer program would just be a convenience really.

Chap., Sep 3, 2008
  2. Chap.

judeh101

I don't think so, my partition is still there, but it is just screwed up, alt+f10 no longer works for me, I think vista's mbr crippled the partition so that's whats happening, I guess.

judeh101, Sep 4, 2008
  3. Chap.

Chap.

alt f10 never worked on mine . . . .

I was able to boot into the recovery partition using ranish partition manager from my UBCD. I just switched the recovery drive to active and it booted right into the recovery.

Wonder way alt f10 doesn't work tho . . .

Chap., Sep 4, 2008
  4. Chap.

edgecrush3r

If the recovery partition is still there, you can always recover by unhiding the partition and making it bootable.

The easiest way to do this is by installing the GRUB bootmanager on a USB stick or on your HDD.

Then add/replace the following text:

Alternativly i think, you can use partitionmagic to unhide the partition, and edit your c:\boot.ini to add the extra recovery boot option. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
    Tony

edgecrush3r, Sep 4, 2008
  5. Chap.

snowwy66

not sure which would be the cheaper route. buying partmagic. or just buying the recovery dvd. i've been using my computer to install my cd programs via through my reuter to my acerone. rather then buying a usb cd rom drive. hate to pay more money for partmagic, specially if i can't get it to work.

snowwy66, Sep 7, 2008
  6. Chap.

pommy

Tony, how would you do this with my non-working ONE and a working USB running bartpe?

pommy, Sep 8, 2008
  7. Chap.

Chap.

I have actually used Ranish Partition Manager which is included on UBCD (installed on a USB) to boot into the recovery partition. It is simple really. Flag the recovery partition of booting and 'ta da'. I guess there is really no need for eRecovery.

Chap., Sep 9, 2008
  8. Chap.

pommy

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

So I just grab a copy and drag it to the USB, then plug it into my One?

Update... Nope, that didn't work that way.

pommy, Sep 9, 2008
  9. Chap.

edgecrush3r

Boot from a USB image that contains GRUB. There are a number of working images which already contain the GRUB Bootloader (such as Mandriva or the Ultimate GRUB Disk).

edgecrush3r, Sep 11, 2008
Ask a Question