Regarding Thinkpad W530

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Bodhi, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Bodhi

Bodhi

Thanks A Lot for the assistance!

Bodhi, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Bodhi

Bodhi

Hello there!
    Since last three months, I have followed the device closely and noticed quite a few occasions of "Disk read error; Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" at the start-up. In these instances, the booting completes and the device starts after a couple of forced shutdowns by pressing and holding the power button.

As you diagnosed early (please have a look at the thread to find your diagnosis), could it be an HDD issue?

In that case, I shall try to do it ASAP since I cannot afford to have the device completely off for an entire day.

Also, as I told earlier, my device completed precisely five years this December. And, I could notice several problems showing up of late. Also, I do not have that much confidence in the Lenovo service centres in my country, would it be advisable or practical enough to send it to the U.S.?

I could very well guess the astronomical amount, which will be the resultant factor. However, speaking very frankly, I do not have any other option after hearing the rather strange replies by the Indian technicians.

Finally, All My Best Wishes for the forthcoming year, in advance!

Bodhi, Dec 30, 2018
Ask a Question