Redirection link - can I stop it? Help.

Discussion in 'HP / Compaq' started by Charles Sharp, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Charles Sharp

Charles Sharp

[link removed by admin for safety reasons]

I keep getting REDIRECTED to that site that has a "Windows 10 PC Repair" site on it. I've obviously no intentions of buying this software.

Can anyone help? How do I stop it reappearing EVERY SINGLE TIME I CLICK A LINK?

HELP.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
    Charles Sharp, Feb 6, 2017
  2. Charles Sharp

Charles Sharp

Now I have a wee box appearing in the bottom left of my screen with a 'find people' at the top and underneath a box to enter text and a little 'Search' bottom.

I swear somebody has it in for me.

Charles Sharp, Feb 6, 2017
  3. Charles Sharp

Brian8gbSSDLinux

1.) Did you try going into Programs and Features (an App in Control Panel) to see if the Program to redirect you is in there - and Uninstall it?

2.) Alternately have you recently installed a 'search' App. If so, try disabling that...

3.)If your web browser has the option to open an INCOGNITO window... can you get to this website and download Malwarebytes Anti Rootkit install and run that...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/malwarebytes_anti_rootkit.html

(just double click the link above, no need to type it all out or alternately, copy and paste it into the omnibox)

It is a FREE (Trial) App which works very well - but there is a 'more powerful' version which you can buy, but you shouldn't need to, as this should do the trick.

Please keep us up to date, (did that work/ not work) thank you.

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Feb 9, 2017
Ask a Question