Recording Video/Audio

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Zeratul, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Zeratul

Zeratul

Hello,

I have tried to use the webcam to record videos, using the software provided.
    However, none of the videos I make have any audio. Is there supposed to be audio or does the program only record video? I have not found any options within the program to specify audio... If that's the case, I have not yet tested the built-in microphone. Is there any software available that will allow the recording of audio only? Also, if the webcam program is supposed to record audio as well, is there anything I must do to fix this problem?

Under my volume control, I have enabled both Mic Boost and Capture under my Recording tab, and under Options, I have selected the i-Mic as the Input Source.

Thanks to everyone that helps!

Zeratul, Sep 2, 2008
  2. Zeratul

Darryl

Doesn't look good bub,
    See page 2 of beginners section and a post marked AUDIO.... may not be quite as bad as stated cos when i went to a cam chat room the mic worked but the cam didn' t :?

Darryl, Sep 2, 2008
  3. Zeratul

Zeratul

Thanks Darryl.
    I've tested my mic on GTalk and it works.
    Does anyone know of a fix for the webcam software, such that it records audio and video?

Zeratul, Sep 4, 2008
  4. Zeratul

billr

Hi

I've been wondering this too....well I just made a movie with MS Moviemaker with video+sound. I just followed the wizard set-up process...and noted that in this program the mic was set to zero as default seting. So I increase the volume using
    the slider control in the set-up menu screen.

This maybe a master control that applies to all mic setting...I don't know.....now that I got video AND audio working togerher
    I'm gonna try some other progs using the mic.

hope it may help....

billr, Sep 6, 2008
  5. Zeratul

billr

woops! doh! the moviemaker prog that I just used worked on the little internal mic which is at the top of the screen.
    The Realtex mic record function is different in the it requires an inputed mic from the inputs at the side of the machine........I think..lol er umm you need to get a mic that has a mini stereo jack.

Sorry if you've tried all this.....

billr, Sep 6, 2008
Ask a Question