recording video and audio

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by snowshow, Jun 18, 2009.

1. snowshow

snowshow

Have an AA0 operating the Linpus os. Recently while viewing the list of installed software for webcam in "add/remove" of the package manager I inadvertently removed one(1) selection of installed software. After being distracted for a period of time and then finding the webcam icon removed from the home page, I was unable to remember what it was I removed :oops: . With the icon gone, the webcam can not be used to make short videos or videos with audio. Please note that the webcam reference was also removed from the multimedia section of the "right click" expanded menu of the home page. The camera however is recognized and functional in video chat.

Now that everyone has had a good laugh over this acute bout of finger trouble....... does anyone have any idea what it is I need to select in "add/remove" to regain this function of my webcam? Would I be correct to assume it could be done with use of the system disc provided by the computers manufacturer? Realizing of course what this means to any info on the hard drive.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

snowshow, Jun 18, 2009
Ask a Question