Recommend a camera software for a webcam?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by OursIsTheFury, May 8, 2016.

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury

Hey there, I bought this awesome new HD webcam, but it didn't have any software included. Can you guys recommend a good software to take pictures with my webcam? The one I have is IM Magician, but I can definitely change it up if there's a better version out there. So can you guys help out? Google isn't doing any help in the matter, as apparently it only caters to those programs who have paid for advertising in their site, so I can't really trust the results.

OursIsTheFury, May 8, 2016
  2. OursIsTheFury

IBMPC8088

One of my favorites that I still use when on a Windows system is Debut Video Capture Software from NCH. It works really well and lets you quickly record from the webcam, the screen, or any auxiliary video device on the fly. It can let you save as mpg, mp4, avi, mkv container (if desired), or .webm on the fly and fully customize the output video, frames per second, and other features. It's pretty good. I used to use Avacam before, but had issues with it when switching to the HD cams.

Although I've only used Camstudio in the past to record video of the desktop when needed, it has the ability to record from the webcam as well but in a more no-frills way than Debut does. It should still work for most cams and might be worth checking out too as an alternative to Debut or Avacam.

IBMPC8088, May 8, 2016
Ask a Question