[READ FIRST] Youtube and other flash embeded video

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ullilein, Sep 9, 2008.

1. ullilein

ullilein

Anyone else have very Jerky video play back with youtube or other like sites? It is not my connection speed because the movie will be fully buffered. It seems like maybe the AA1 cant handle flash? I have tried FF3 and opera and I getteh same results. Rite now I am using a full desktop mode not the Acer interface but I have tried both ways and still get jerkly play back.

ullilein, Sep 9, 2008
  2. ullilein

Foranamo

Re: Youtube and other flash embeded video

I have the same problem. It may be a problem with the flash player as all flash videos work fine when downloaded and played by mplayer.

Foranamo, Sep 9, 2008
  3. ullilein

ullilein

I tired a video in Mplayer and I only seem to get good play back when I keep the video small (this goes for all video types) I did a mod that got rid of all the acer scripts and enabled a normal desktop. Im starting to think that the MOD is my issuse. Maybe I will restore back to the default or install XPmini.

ullilein, Sep 9, 2008
  4. ullilein

woogal

Flash 10 beta has better video performance but it's far too unstable at the moment (makes firefox 3 crash every few minutes, viewing any kind of flash file). The codec used makes a big difference too. The BBC have recently started using H.264 on their high quality iplayer streams, and even with flash 9 this makes the jerky playback completely vanish.

woogal, Sep 9, 2008
  5. ullilein

ullilein

I also found by turning compiz off my video play back improved drastically but still not awsome.

ullilein, Sep 15, 2008
  6. ullilein

CAMILEonFORLYF

Problem w/ sound when playing youtube, etc

sometimes the sound is a bit scratchy anybody had this kind of problem? please help.. i dont know what to do.

CAMILEonFORLYF, Oct 31, 2008
  7. ullilein

Mimka

Re: Problem w/ sound when playing youtube, etc

Having no problems with youtube video SOUND, just having problems with streaming video from anywhere, a lot of buffering but I'm thinking it is something on my end. Need to get to my other computers and see how it runs. The audio on the AA1 isn't the best, IMO, and on some sites you really just can't quite get enough it seems. I have been using ear buds when I really feel I can't hear it as well as I'd like. Give that a try. If it's still not right then you might need to dig deeper.

Mimka, Nov 2, 2008
  8. ullilein

CAMILEonFORLYF

Re: Problem w/ sound when playing youtube, etc

its the sound that im a bit worried.. i can hear it ok but there are times it is scratchy. and im wondering if it is something w/ the sound card but actually im not that sure though..

CAMILEonFORLYF, Nov 3, 2008
  9. ullilein

wootang00

Laggy Youtube Streaming Videos?

Hello,

I just picked up a 160gb 6 cell Aspire One and I was under the impression that there is no lag when streaming videos..
    Seems as though if I am more than one application open.. (i.e. Youtube) the video starts to become choppy.

For example.. I turn on a youtube video.. and move my mouse around like crazy.. and the video will still play.. but not smooth.. freezing and lagging frames here and there... is this normal?

Also it seems as though.. if i bring up say for example.. msn messenger.. or any program.. up while watching a streaming video.. it causes a momentary lag while the program is coming up from the toolbar on the bottom.. is this normal?

I have the standard 1gb of ram. Please advise.

Thank you.

wootang00, Nov 20, 2008
  10. ullilein

AceRyan

Re: Laggy Youtube Streaming Videos?

Have you done a search for "choppy video"? Seems there are a lot of threads on this already.

Most of the time, the answer seems to be disabling the power saving mode on the atheros wireless card.

AceRyan, Nov 20, 2008
  11. ullilein

JimmiG

System craps out when viewing Youtube etc.

I only started experiencing this problems recently.

When I go to a page that has a streaming video embedded using Flash, such as Youtube, the entire browser becomes extremely unresponsive. When pointing at links, It takes several seconds for the cursor to change from an arrow to a hand. Scrolling is nearly impossible because it's so slow. This affects *all* open browser windows, not just the one with the video. However the rest of the system, other programs etc. are not affected and CPU usage remains low. The video itself stutters and the audio cuts out - this is *not* due to network congestion because it does it even when playing a part of the video that is already buffered. Now, as soon as the entire video has been buffered, the browser returns to its normal speed.

This didn't happen before, it only started happening some time during the last few days. It happens in both IE7 and Firefox, so I'm suspecting it's some kind of problem with Flash. Sites that use embedded Real Player or Windows Media Player seem to work fine. Any ideas?

JimmiG, Nov 23, 2008
  12. ullilein

ZouZouRas

Re: System craps out when viewing Youtube etc.

Do you have the SSD version of aspie one??

Do you have IE and firefox cache on the SSD?? If yes then create a ram disk and move the temporary internet files, firefox cache, windows temp onto the ram drive... There are many posts in this forum of how you do it... Flash videos play fine that way...

ZouZouRas, Nov 23, 2008
  13. ullilein

JimmiG

I have the caches on a SD card, but that's not it. I just image'd my current XP install and installed clean+drivers, and now performance is fine when playing videos.

Without knowing what caused it to start behaving like that, I'll just have to reinstall everything from scratch and hope I don't repeat the same mistake and kill performance again...

Edit: Looks like having the cache on the SD card is what caused the stuttering and poor performance. Moving it back to the SSD or disabling disk cache altogether returned performance to normal.

This is kind of strange because the SD card has a write speed of 6MB/s while the Youtube videos can't be more than 1 or 2 Mb/s. I think it is because I've never been able to enable write cache on the SD cards, while I use Power Protected cache on the SSD drive.

JimmiG, Nov 23, 2008
  14. ullilein

brentabi

I am running XP and was having the same problem with skipping and stuttering audio. I removed the video driver from the device manager and reloaded the intel video driver and this fixed my problem. My audio worked fine when I first started using the netbook about a month ago but, it started messing up about a week ago. Reloading the video driver fixed mine tonight and Youtube videos and Windows Media Player is working good now. I hope this helps....

brentabi, Dec 1, 2008
  15. ullilein

sko580

Re: Laggy Youtube Streaming Videos?

This issue was driving me nuts that I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled every application and Windows update one by one. The culprit came down to Internet Explorer 7 (IE7). I ended up downgrading/uninstalling IE7 and stayed with IE6.

I hope this helps.

sko580, Dec 31, 2008
  16. ullilein

endlessnameless

BSOD W/ Youtube

Hello,

First let me state that my aao has winxp sp 3, 1 gb ram and 160 HD. The only real mod I have done to it is make the sd drive look like a regular hd that I use for a pagefile.

Now, Whenever I view some youtube videos I notice that after a couple minutes the video starts to sputter then BAM BSOD. I'm not sure what could be causing it. Im honestly not sure if its the video driver as I have one dated 2/15/2008 and I believe thats the latest one. I searched the forum and really could not find a direct answer to my problem.

endlessnameless, Feb 19, 2009
  17. ullilein

LAZ

LAZ, Feb 20, 2009
  18. ullilein

angel4rent

HELP: no sounds when playing videos/audios from youtube

I just bought this ZG5 and i love it so much. I called it Ythan. hehe help me... please? what should i do?

angel4rent, May 4, 2009
  19. ullilein

melhiore

Re: HELP: no sounds when playing videos/audios from youtube

Can you tell us what OS you have on your AA1 please...

melhiore, May 5, 2009
  20. ullilein

Gronder

youtube video problem?

Hy!
    I just have a question. I recently bought AAO with N280 Atom. So when i play youtube video it plays fine, untill i move the mouse. If i do move the mouse, the video starts to skip. And if i turn HD on, the video is skipping all the time. Same on vimeo(HD is unwatchable). Well i didn expet for HD to work, but is it ok for normal online videos (avi files on my disk play fine) to have difficulties playing?

Thanks!

Gronder, May 6, 2009
Ask a Question