Razer Blade charging problems when gaming

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ashsaunders, Oct 23, 2017.

1. ashsaunders

ashsaunders

Hello, around Christmas 2016 I purchased a Razer Blade gtx 970m,
    and I have enjoyed using it for around 7 months. Now I have noticed when its charging and I'm heavy gaming (PUBG, CS:GO, Overwatch). The charging seems to randomly switch between 'Not Charging' and 'Charging'. This means the fps drops down to 30 each time and then jumps back up to 60 - 100, and the battery slowly goes down, this can be quite annoying. I have tried changing NVIDA Control Panel settings to Prefer Maximum Performance and Intel Graphics settings.

Can anyone help with keeping the same fps when charging / not charging? Or should I consider buying a new battery / charger? Any answer is appreciated

Laptop Specs:

GeForce GTX 970m

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU at 2.60GHz

15.86 GB RAM

3200 x 1800, 60Hz

ashsaunders, Oct 23, 2017
  2. ashsaunders

Kojack

Wow, I have never heard of this issue before on any notebook. None that I have owned anyways...I will do some research and see what I can find out for you!

Kojack, Oct 29, 2017
  3. ashsaunders

ricketypickle

My 2016 Razer Blade does the exact same thing. It is maddening. When playing relatively intensive games, the display dims, chroma keyboard backlighting turns off, fps drops, and battery stops charging. It is almost as if the charger is unplugged. This lasts about 5 seconds, then everything goes back to normal. This repeats itself roughly every 5 seconds.

Under normal operation, i.e. surfing the internet, netflix, etc. everything works just like normal.

I have heard that it has to do with a number of things: battery calibration out of whack, display brightness settings, etc. I've tried the fixes to all of these suggestions to no avail. I'm about to throw my laptop against the wall it's so frustrating...

ricketypickle, Nov 1, 2017
  4. ashsaunders

Kojack

Have you tried putting windows profile on MAX performance when plugged in?

Kojack, Nov 3, 2017
Ask a Question