RAM works? PNY MN1024SD2-533

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by osdude, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osdude

osdude

I was using the PNY RAM

PNY Optima 1GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Laptop Memory Model MN1024SD2-533

It seemed like everything was working, but I was having a few 'issues' with USB, SDHC and the SSD - ugh! Try as I might, I couldn't find the culprit. The problems were very sporadic and didn't seem to be predictable or recreatable (is that a word?)

After much tweaking, playing, opening the box, checking connections multiple times, eleminating all manner of possible causes, I finally tried to remove the RAM I installed. As soon as I did, all my problems were gone and there are no more USB, SDHC or SSD issues causing me any problems on XP, Vista or Kubuntu.

For some, this memory seems to 'work', but be on the lookout for little hiccups along the way. Maybe I got a bad stick or maybe it doesn't play well with the AOA110, but either way, you can bet I'm not going to buy another PNY for my Aspire One

osdude, Aug 6, 2008
  2. osdude

Sid

I have the Euro version of PNY's ram, it is not labeled Optima, may be a different product.
    Not a peep out of my One yet, no hasssle at all (crossed fingers).
    It would be nice if Acer provided some public comment on ram.

Sid, Aug 6, 2008
  3. osdude

janss

Please use the existing topic(s) for discussing RAM upgrades.

RAM. What Works, What Doesn't - List of working/non-working DIMM's, issues talk
    Ram upgrade - Pointers, help, how-to, general discussion

Topic locked.

janss, Aug 6, 2008
Ask a Question